Skip to content


How will payments be made?

If your application is successful, your Funding Body (SFE/NHS) will tell you the amount of help you can have from the DSA. The Student Loans Company will make DSA payments either to you, into your bank account, or directly to the supplier of equipment or services.

I need equipment/ support now – what can I do?
Some Universities / Colleges can arrange to lend equipment to students who are waiting for DSA funding.  Contact your Disability / Learning Support Adviser for more information.

Can I receive equipment before my course begins?
Possibly, once your Funding Body (SFE/NHS) has established that you are eligible for DSA, it can pay for items of special equipment recommended in your DSA assessment report shortly before the start of your course so that you may use them from the very beginning of your studies. However, your Funding Body (SFE/NHS) will ask for evidence that you have been accepted on your course before they will consider doing so. If you do not go on the course, you must return any equipment you have received to your supplier.